Wednesday 1 March 2017

The Connect

I communicate everyday,
I write and this keeps me alive,
If I were to live without it,
I'd probably be dead,
So I write here,
And I pour my heart,
Where nobody will come along and judge my thought,
Where I can be as vulnerable as possible,
And yet no one can slide the dagger over;

I cannot say, it were not something I longed,
I cannot say I apologize,
Because that would be a lie,
And I'd do anything but give away such beauty to lie,
I've endured enough and I have waited long,
For whatever be the reasons,
They were gory and broad,
I lost myself once,
And many more times in the crowd,
I rose again with the tattered self,
With whatever I had left of me,
And I heard something from a distance long,
It guided me to security,
It taught me how the broken can be strong;

I don't love you,
I don't even like you,
What I believe is I connect with you,
On every broken bone I got,
Cause that is where my music resounds,
For that is where I resonate;

I've seen the world,
Many parts of it,
I've met the world,
Many people on it,
And yet I never felt like a part,
I know they wanted it more,
The togetherness of my pain,
But I couldn't make them understand,
That the phoenix were only beautiful to look at once it returns,
The burnt feathers were not;

I've swept through like a gliding spirit,
Fully aware of how painful I was,
I knew the magic and potions galore,
But I knew the pain and sorrows even more,
Some thought they were prizes to bear,
And some thought they were awards to declare,
I'm sure the fight was no less,
But I've seen their ignorance so well,
You I do not love I know,
I find my broken pieces in you,
I find the pain resound in you,
I connect with you;




The willows creak,
The wind sweeps,
I've come with the wind,
And I shall leave just the same,
Saving I will never need,
The worst has already been done with me,
I hoped to share our burden alike,
But that's a choice only nature should abide!


Just know for sure,
When I've whispered a word,
It must crossed my wounds twice,
It must have reiterated in my soul forever,
It must have killed me twice,
I must have been guided to this longing sound,
And seeing it happy is all I want.



P.S. - Do not take any reading personally. A poet writes and a poet feels. This is a liberal space where I have all liberty to write as I must feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...