Thursday 25 July 2013

reflection

Have you a mirror,
That asks you your deeds?
Not the one like
Snowwhite deals
But the one that asks you your deeds..

Everyday I've asked myself,
For what I did,
What I had meant to do not,
And yet in desperation,
I happen to break it through..
It's harsh on me,
Or my conscience so true,
Or was it my innocence I curse too much;
Never be afraid,
To admit who you are,
The world will listen,
Once you are here,
Here, where the mike resides,
There I may be someday,
But I fret not on that,
It's the mirror the scares me,
That causes me to reflect,
On the worst thoughts I try to forget,
To drain away any illusion,
That might have crept........
But here again,
It is so weird,
The world that is a stage for equivocation;
It leads us to be normal,
When we're crying within,
And asks us to laugh low,
For the spotlight may be here,
On the ebbs of the bay,
I promise myself,
Never to compromise with who I am,
Never to regret all that I've done or felt,
For the true person does not fear,
And the world listens to her,
Even when she's not at the mike.........

Silence has a voice,
Deeper than any decibel,
It reverberates through air and water,
It breaks my mirror into pieces,
And rips my soul apart!
So what if it comes at a price,
The world has it heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...