Monday 5 March 2018

The Absence Of 'Tears'

Ever heard the last goodbyes hurt the most ?
Some of us are petrified, so much, we do not embrace the last courtesy to goodbye......for what is the meaning of the last wavering moment when real thing is just gone? Oh but wait, does that mean it didn't hurt ? Oh, you mean you didn't see us cry. We embrace the cold exterior because what good could tears do to such excruciating pain? It's right there, moving with us, we never lose it, its like a baggage we carry around. The pain baggage.....it gets bigger by the day. And yes it counts, you count, every moment counts. So we cannot embrace the last goodbye courtesy, we leave for good. We cannot face losing you again, even if it meant for a few more seconds.

Do not think 'the absence of tears' doesn't hurt. Oh, it hurts like hell. I wish I could say but there's nothing on earth to say what it feels like. It is no small task of having to carry a dormant volcano amongst ourselves and fake the smiles. But, I do it well, really well.


I see the birds on the horizon fade,
Into a 'V' line as they fly homeward in shade,
The sky is turning a beautiful red,
The blue sunkissed into a raging orange,
The chirping gets louder by the minute,
And the wind gushes across my hair,
The weather is still hot and humid,
And yet I feel calmness in the company I keep,
There is peace in good company,
There is peace in knowing love;

My legs are wavering,
They'd like to just laze around,
In the greens of this open space,
To become a part of this vastness,
And yet the clock must time well,
We must return to what calls us back,
The warm homes we love,
I only wish I could take this back,
I do take back a little piece of my mind,
The memory etched of a small short ride;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...