Friday 4 July 2014

A phony tale....So what will you do with my phone?

I was still such a misfit in this world I thought to myself as I entered post-grad college, wonder how a phone could do any good. Today's morning had been strange, a courier delivered a gift box which had a phone in it. It was so weird because it said 'Best Of Luck Clumpo', now that is  what was my highschool nick-super-insulting-name.
Shit! I slipped again....I knew a phone could do nothing. The phone is beeping, I look around embarrassed and notice everyone is laughing. I run to a safe corner and check my phone. I forgot to mention, I don't know who's sim it is, it was pre-installed yet it knows my name!!!!!
There is a message I open it -
'I help those who help themselves-Clumpo will you please check the Help button'.
I quickly checked the apps across, it had a weird App named 'Clumpo-Help', this had to be it, I clicked it. Nothing happened.....nothing at all, I knew this was stupid, someone was playing the fool and I was the fool as usual.

The clock struck 10 and I rushed for the Mathematics lectures. Immediately after being seated, the chalk came dashing to me and Mathew shouted "Tell me CP (short of Clumpo) what's the toughest maths problem?" I closed my eyes and sweat encompassed me.When I opened my eyes, time froze, the moment froze and I skimmed through my new phone and learnt the answer. Soon, the class resumed and I answered what I learnt, Mathew gave me a gloomy look, convinced he would need a new target now on.

So, now I could freeze time, that's all I could want all my life, everytime.

I passed a gang of giggling girls, hid behind was 'Sophia', bold and beautiful like always. I slyly caught a glance of hers from under my goofy glasses. The time was nearing and today I must propose to her before it's too late, I thought to myself.  Today was the day, our farewell party. The thought brought shivers to me, I had no dress for the function.......time frooze.

I quickly rode to the Bazaar and a whole collection of attires stared at me. What should I take, I'm no fashion freak.....I skimmed through my phone once again and yes I found just the trending stuff, took it and billed it myself, payed it to the frozen shop keeper. On the way back, I saw a small cat almost run over .... so I froze time, I had got used to it. I lightly lifted the cat and whoosh.....saved a life!

Zoomed back to college and I could see some people were already taking a note of the change. So I could stop time and probably beat up 'Jogger' who rags me for low IQ while he's the guy who's failed countless times....I eased myself and entered the farewell party through the back door. The guard tried stopping me but he lost count of time-How Wonderful. Sophia wore a red gown and she looked even more beautiful. I wasn't nervous, I could stop time now......and watch her all day long. Without a thought I neared Sophia and so close she felt uncomfortable. I whispered to her, "I want to talk to you". She stared at me and moved aside so we could talk privately. But I could feel the eyes on me, the whole party had turned to us. I scrambled my pockets for the phone but it wasn't there....betrayer! Jogger guffawed with my phone in his hand and I felt sick in the stomach. Sophia looked at me with intense eyes....I could die in them. The time was not to stop, I must face it, so I pulled her closer and gave her the rose from the table near. Bent on my knees I spoke, "your the most awesome person I have ever known and I wish I could have the honor to have this lady all myself, perhaps just a wish". Her eyes were a little wet, I didn't know why but she kissed me on the cheek, I knew the battle was won. Jogger was such a dumb head he didn't figure out how to use it, so he gave it back to me and I still freeze time around specially when I am with Sophia. Would you like a look at my phone?

-by Robert Clumpo, thanks for reading

Link(required to be added by contest)-
http://www.asus.com/campaign/zenfone/IN/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...