Sunday 24 November 2013

Birds of paradise.....


Like this I burn,
beauty that approves of me,
the red hue of sun that kisses me,
the buildings that row old with me,
the waters that rhyme with my footsteps,
And the guy who still awaits my approval,
All this happen,
And I stand here,
untouched,unhealed,unheard,
Away so far from you,
In this distant land,
from that very day,
we were probably married....

I still think of the day,
as a dream come true,
But yet again may be it was a dream...?
Was this the destiny of a woman,
who never betrayed,
stood in the way of no barrier,
obediently nodded,
And then said nothing when we got married,
thinking you were as sincere as i was,
But I hear of you no more,
My calls go unanswered,
If it's so different,
So difficult,
make it easy for both of us,
Tell me the bitter truth,
before my age dies waiting for what must never happen,
Living in hope of what never was.....
Tell me so the rest of it can be clear,
So the remaining can be better than the worst.....
before I stop imagining your silhouette.........
before the birds of paradise dryout....

-in memory of a friend(SONIA)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...