Sunday 26 February 2017

A Thoughtful Day....

The pace of my bicycle can tell a lot of things,
Like today it was rash driving and I never do that,
I skipped 3 to be accidents only because I had good breaks,
Of course the children around were a little out of order riders,
But then my bicycle definitely knew I wasn't my normal self,
It was my cooling down ride,
And my bicycle listened to me peacefully without judging me,
As I rode it on the plain ups and downs;

"You don't say anything, you don't feel, do you?"
Many more accusations hit me in broad day light,
And I ignored them,
Over and over again,
It was hard earlier but later I got used to it,
Perhaps it didn't mean much,
Because they didn't mean much;

I'm a closed circle person,
As in I got only a handful of people who limit my world to,
Beyond that I can be ruthless,
And unapologetically so;

So when new people come along,
Chasing the fancy dream of being part of the closed circle,
It's best to tell them "No",
For they barely know what someone's world means,
And yet they beg to stay,
To taste the flavours of the fruit;

We let me in sometimes,
Maybe till the boundary walls,
They peek inside and want to have it all,
But they must be kept at bay,
For they will ruin what my world is,
But nothing much for them to lose....ain't it?

And then one fine day,
You will notice them over the wall,
They've made it to the closed circle,
For havoc to befall,
Now your words fall on deaf ears,
They hear none for the chase is done,
They loot and plunder like it were their kingdom,
And you're left broken with a home at stake;

So you defy the natural rule,
You fight like the knight,
And you defend your home,
That what is everything,
Is not much to many,
If keeping them away is being ruthless, insensitive,
So be it........



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



From a girl who's seen death, disrespect, hatred, bias, patriarchy from very close. Who's been through a lot but talks of none. Who understands life in a different way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...