Friday 24 February 2017

Apology

"If I apologize to you, I probably love you just too much"



Apologies are deep, intense and honest,
It is the ability of one to belittle one's false prejudice and bond,
It is one of the bravest emotions felt,
And extremely hard to express;

I'm finding myself in the wrong,
I've know this from the day I had pushed you away,
6 long years, I have waited for this,
It wasn't easy, neither did I expect it to be,
But I'd do it again,
If it were for you,
I'd apologize again,
Because I swore to have your back,
I swore to keep your smile;

It's hard to explain,
To a logical mind,
The reasons of my ways,
The actions that were taken then,
By all means, we love another,
With the best of us,
And sometimes it's not the way we think it should be,
It still is love and much purer at it;

You admire the fairytale,
You admire the dream,
But when you find the mould in a living being,
It's better than our dreamy beings,
They breathe, they live,
They are flawed and are real;

I had to let go,
I wish I could let you more,
And 6 long years haven't been I bet,
I'd think of it every morning and night at a stretch,
But all I knew at the end of it,
You were happy and that's what I had sworn to keep;

I'd choose life over death,
I'd choose you again and again,
And I'd apologize if that's not what you want,
But I wouldn't let anybody play with your mind,
I'd not let anybody put you through the ways of the world,
I'd not let anybody destroy the fine human you are;

I'd apologize again, if that's what I need to,
I wish I could let you more,
And 6 long years haven't been I bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...