Monday 9 June 2014

What the eye speaks

It is intense, dark and deep,
Into which I lose the words
That I often try to reap,
I try but cannot match,
The truth in those eyes that speak!

Girl, O Girl,
Please listen to me,
I wish my eyes could speak like yours,
Into the water they need not go,
For me to find a heaven in store,
I try but cannot match,
The innocence in those eyes that speak!

Let me hold your curls today,
Not as a friend,
But a lasting grey,
Let me be the man,
To grow old,
Under your watchful eyes,
I try but cannot match,
The perception in those eyes that speak!

And yet I beseech,
A life full of expectation,
I wish to be by your side,
Will you let my eyes tell your speech,
For today I must stop you from,
Leaving the lonely man behind,
For today I must not shy,
Or life will remain a shame to chance,
I try to match and have been able to,
The courage I owe to my love
In those eyes that speak!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...