Tuesday 27 June 2017

The Other Soul

Do you believe in soulmates? I do.

Now, if you know me, you're probably rolling your eyes and I don't blame you. It's true, I am a 'do not take cheesy' person. But then my detest doesn't lie with the cheesy content but with its intent. A true, good motive will always be appreciated. And that I could tell you with a single glance at your eyes.

The story of meeting my soulmate was not only tragic, it turns out to be a very weirdly painful one too. When we've communicated well, we were the best of friends. We've hurt each other in innumerable ways (I take the larger share of offending). And until late, I had no idea that this person was my soulmate. I had a dream that changed everything. A dream which clearly portrayed my dear friend's sadness/pain/misery. I was so upset, I quickly reached out and checked if all were fine. A sudden sincere text probably throws one off-guard but my irrational behaviour also spur in me my realization. The extent to which I was able to give into my bars of egotism showed how much my friend meant to me.

And until late, I had no idea that this person was my soulmate. How do I figure it out now? I don't. It's this queer feeling of having my friend around me all the time. A feeling the person's absence that bothers me every day, every moment. I miss his companionship, advice all through my life moments and I sincerely miss my friend's understanding presence. The best part - we could understand one another without talking too - strange but true. We might have been intuitive. In either case, it was awesome.

Btw, we're of very different nature - both of use. Fire & Ice would probably be the right combination to describe. And we're both equally stubborn in our own places.

I wish we spoke, I wish it wasn't so hard. And sometimes, I do feel, I'm the only one in it. It's not fair, if soulmates are true.....one mustn't suffer, their should be a way for them to communicate, to obtain solace, to be cooperative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...