Thursday 23 October 2014

Oranges in heaven

I don't know if your a mother or not but if you are, let me tell you, this very exercise with your children could be great help in future. As kids, my mother took us(my sister and I) to the terrace to have oranges. She peeled them for us while we played around, fought and took the vitamin C doses. We loved those days, even today I associate with oranges very specially, now you know why. There were several other things that happened with this experience- we grew as siblings and as children, our bond with our sibling and mother grew very strong, we associated that moment of bliss with happiness/heaven.

oranges


Sometimes simple things in life make a huge impact. This particular thing in my life always has. Oranges in the vacations on the terrace was a moment in heaven.

Its another morning,
And vacations it is,
It means mother will get oranges,
And we will spend it on the terrace it seems;

Mother will peel the oranges for us,
While I hide behind her for a game or two,
But what is it we should play?
Have you thought of this sister dear?

The sun is high,
The terrace is vast,
The time is come,
Let us head towards the terrace, let's run!

We play hither and thither,
We fight and deny and sulk about it,
While mother has peeled the few oranges,
And she tells us a tale of forgiveness and love;

In this tale,
A sister leaves another,
I cry profoundly,
Clutch you desperately,
Forgetting what had passed between us,
I cannot bear to be apart sister;

In this triangle,
Mother must be there,
We pull her in and sob together,
My mother is smiling,
She says we are wise
And she is proud of us;

I promise to let it be like that,
This heaven of ours and the oranges in it,
Everything always be just like that.....

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. These things are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely....words dampen their expression/value :)
      I <3 seeing ur comment btw.

      Delete

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...