Sunday 17 August 2014

A Reason to Live

The sun sets on the shore,
I live and die on this door,
A million times I have arisen,
From the ashes and into them...

I have become a spirit,
A living dead in this wild,
Living in nostalgia,
In pain as my dead child,
In beauty and in rust,
In this body of your thoughts...

The sun must laugh,
The moon must cry,
The shadows grow creepy,
And the sands keep no footprint,
I grow scared every night,
And fight boldly every morrow,
I think of you too often,
So much I don't know if I ever miss you...

The days have passed,
And they still pass in stealthy growth,
I see your boy a yard away,
Growing to be a man like you,
And yet I wait for a million more years,
For the 'Reason to Live'
Can you hear?...

-Priyaani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...