Thursday 7 December 2017

The scared | the guarded

It's going to take time,
It's going to go slow,
I don't trust the gushing wind anymore,
For things too fast, go away just as much,
The ones who stay were meant to be,
The ones who care are rare to be,
I'm handing out no love anymore,
I'm guarded and scared,
I need to be,
Not because I wouldn't like the stability,
But because humans have become vain,
Their whole character has come tumbling down,
They judge you on your clothes,
And measure you on the scale,
They've lost the idea of innocence,
And have lost faith in little things,
They want the soulmate,
But work nothing like it,
They've just become vain,
Dull, dark, miserable beings,
And I am a misfit,
I love with a bare soul,
I keep my family close,
I love the warmth of close ones,
And I bathe in their glow,
I have this little nest of mine,
So perfect that I keep it close,
Different, I am very different from today's youth,
And this is me;

So I know,
When love will come,
I need to be sure,
It will not blow the whistle,
And will wait out the hardships,
For the fairy tales are great,
But the ones that don't stay,
Hurt more than ever,
And I am just keeping myself safe,
So a hurricane doesn't pick me from my storm,
And place me on another one,
I need to be sure,
That it is as true and pure,
As I am,
As beautiful and strong as me;

It cannot be just another story,
It can only be the one,
And beautiful it is,
The forever I want;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...