Monday 7 August 2017

The Trial

When you're put to trial, one thing of all becomes as clear as a crystal - the ones who actually are on your side and the ones who pretended to be. Believe it or not, in an absolute cautious world, a hoard of abandoning people may surround you and that day summons their devils. They betray at the wink of an eye...and just like that their promises are proved futile.

On the stands of a trial,
Between the rotting stands,
I looked up to see,
The hall was empty,
Not one of them had turned up,
They were but true to their nature of disloyalty;

A humorous tune run in my mind,
I felt I would go insane,
The last of my little world had just crumbled,
And I wasn't sure if death would even hurt ?

I had in denial almost looked down,
I enchained my own hands,
And prayed they make it fast,
When among the distant halls,
A small shadow emerged;

My stranger best friend had decided to come,
I knew him so little and trusted him still,
I wasn't sure how he would make this count,
And even if I had all reason to drown,
A small part if me wanted to live now,
I looked up to him and nodded in respect,
He nodded back with the gloomiest smile,
And it broke my heart;

He had indeed a battle worth fighting,
He had the facts right,
Knew me just right,
And proved the innocence of a little frightened friend;

That one time u thought to myself,
How did I miss him for so many years?


-Dedicated to people I care about

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...