Saturday 28 January 2017

The goodbye kiss

"I didn't want to kiss you goodbye, I wanted to kiss you goodnight & there's a lot of difference" - FB Post (loved it)

It wasn't the first time we met,
It wasn't the first time, I wanted to mention a little more,
How could I?
I broke my dear friend years back,
And now when he was whole,
I couldn't possibly take it away from him,
I'm half broken myself,
How could I call you upon another ruin,
And yet the desire was more than just that,
I twitched in dilemma every second,
And what dawned upon me was realization,
I realised if I hadn't loved you so long,
I'd be willing to break you apart to have my meets end,
And that was the most fatal mistake,
I loved someone who was my support,
How could I possible tilt it away from me, Whisper words of love and retrieve the bond?
It was fatal and it could fall apart in a moment.

So we left,
Things untouched 3 years back,
I don't know where I dwell anymore,
For my friend, I've lied to you,
And I cannot take it back,
For it will break you,
And an ego I foster,
I cannot ask you with all my might,
What sorrow holds you worried?
I haven't been the support, you've been to me,
And that aches much more,
For I love the gentle you, that I have seen once and have lost access to it,
I shall not pass,
Goodbye is not what I want to say anymore,
Let me hold in on my friend so tight,
That I might never have to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...