Tuesday 1 November 2016

A Daughter's World in her Father's Eye (Part 2)

Another blockbuster! Only because thus means the world to me. I'm sure many more daughters related to me.

To the lovely dads who have treated their daughters so well.....respect and love.

This was another of those mundane days. You already know of the 15 day vacation I get to spend with my family at home. Rest of the time, I'm slogging in my 2nd dream job. Oh, yes, I enjoy it. However, it's a little incomplete with my little cozy family not here.

On the recent vacations, while we packed my father's luggage, he whispered softly, "What do you write, you don't share?". He's read my professional blogs and always followed then but this was different. My father was asking me about my literary write ups and this was new. He reads a few of blogs which being romantic in nature, I sometimes feel a little awkward....but guess what, my parents have advanced way more than the image in my mind. Their acceptability surprises me.

My father is conservative in certain way. We've had a love hate relationship, we're both strong headed and pretty much share the stubborn gene. So, literally, the arguments fire hard.....my mother helping in subsiding it. Now that you know that don't you think you could come to me and say anything negative to me about my dad.....only I can say that & I love him to bits, so you better tread carefully.

And then he said, " I don't have to worry. You don't when you gave such gems for daughters". Our ever long battle to get them to live close to us is probably weighing them down but we'd like to see them so much more often, we'd like to know they are safe.

When he asked about my writing, I smiled....not just literally, in my mind too. As mentioned earlier, I grew up in a moderately strict family but not very open and fair in many ways. That's made me a strong, head strong lady. Too much for men? Huh.....not if you're a man. And I know that from my dad.

This is my dad who's supported me on the stupid rocket competitions I've been to, my constant inspiration, the one who actually understood my dreams and respected them instead of wanting his own fulfilled.....love is unselfish, I think they've taught me that.

All my work will always be dedicated to you lovely people who made life and its value so high. Thank you for being the inspiration in all my life.

How many of you could stand up and shout out your family would support you no matter what? I could.....now you know where my strength comes from. It's eternal and I'm keeping it.

To all the dads out there....love your daughters and you'll know no love as that. Love them because they need your validation, they need your strength, they need you to understand how men should be, how they need to be treated. In return, you will have a companion for a lifetime and you'll see love in a different way everyday. To all the women out there, it's not a son's responsibility to look after their parents. Be the son, leave the society. Believe what makes sense to you. It is your responsibility to change the picture. Your parents are not just your responsibility, they are your support system. Help them a little, they'll love you either ways....just give it a little time and you'll see what life has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...