Wednesday 1 January 2014

The girl within me

I'll keep it simple, for the master year.....I had something to say , why not on this new year?

To be born was no ceremony to me,
But today before death there is lots,
Lots that must be done,
Before all hopes fail,
Mostly before the girl in me fails!

Everybody has a dream,
And at times we compromise,
Yes, even with our dreams,
With our believes,
To think to be such fools,
But that's what we did.....


Time too is bound,
Challenging us with tougher games,
Leading us on in this marshy place,
Misleading us here,
As we walk denser into the
Unwanted mess......

From here it is difficult,
To even turn back,
To see what we left back,
But what about the tears?
The nightmares,
The turmoil that recurs?
One that has taken from us our precious slumber,
One that won't let us eat,
For a moment i calm down,
When you seem to be beside,
But what about the unforgiving self,
That comes back from time to time,
Within me there's a battle i cannot overpower,
Unless I give in to what it says,
And what i always knew was right......

I can't show reason,
I can't calculate,
But without it i cannot live,
My life drains into a waste,
Even if i'm the king,
My heart it screeches,
About the kingdom i'm supposed to rule,
This is not it,
My path I couldn't betray,
My dream calls me even today,
It was as if born with me,
And die with my closing eyes,
Forgive me for i tried very hard,
But life must understand,
It is a dream i got to protect,
A belief,
An identity,
As big as you and me,
My lifetime it is,
And I must not quit....

Ah, these lines are music to me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...