Thursday 11 April 2013

visible mist

We never spoke
Yet untied we never remained,
Everytime we crossed our paths,
There was little more than ignorance
And yet today you passed by........



The white clouds,
Like cushions they slide,
By the side,
Rolling , jumping and falling apart;

I turn again,
The cafe retains your void space still......

There's a small boy,
Staring at me so frequently,
I smile back
But his eyes seem to be questioning me,
The answer to which I donot hold,
But the trust I behold;

The boats send ripples,
All around the Naini Lake,
And the clouds are coming down,
To caress or to play a new game,
My heart skips a beat,
As I hear the question reverberating in me,

I turn again,
The cafe retains your void space still......

My eyes are moist,
Mom says I don't drink enough water,
And the flower seller,
Gestures me for a routine sale,
I must look away.....
I just did....
But I know it'll be fine once you reach;

That kid,
He's got eyes like yours ,
So intense,blue and true,
He's waving to me,
I don't want to wave back,
It feels like I let go of you,
I'm twisting and turning in my place,
Growing impatient,
But I don't want to turn,
To see the cafe drowning my hopes.....

The kid has a touch of cashmere,
His arms so smooth,
And cheek red like yours,
He's holding my arm,
Playing with me,
Questioning me how growing up is,
He's too little,
I want him to dream,
Not to fear the dark;

I turn now for the last time,
The cafe retains your void space still......

I look into those questioning eyes,
I feel there's more,
I smile at him,
Buy him a flower,
And walk him to the mall,
To his biological mother............

I knew it was your son,
The moment I saw his eyes,
But I'm just happy they are honest,
I know the cafe must remain empty,
Even if it doesn't i'll never return............




2 comments:

  1. Dont worry..there are many Cafe coffee day outlets..Dont tie urself with one cafe :P :P

    Nice lines btw..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -_- what makes u think I could be in love wth such an unkind soul?
      u nvr mentioned 'barista' ;)
      just fr writing sake.......in no way does it mean me

      Delete

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...