Monday 15 June 2015

Being Me-It's not hard but it's not easy I promise

'An Indian Girl', a stamp is enough to add to your barriers, I do not feel it erodes a lady's life, it does the same to men to different extents. An Indian woman is not an idea, it is a rule we live each day. Wearing jeans brings earthquakes, our hot pants are better in the cupboard, expressing yourself makes you a 'bad girl',freedom is do whatever you want inside the house, protecting the land is not your forte, karate is not needed just call your rapers brother-Now Some People Are Upset with the GenY going mad!



Every day will be judgmental, every day you will see failures decide for your faith, at the day end you will realize the time has slipped and your love has walked away never to return. Every day is not  a new opportunity, it is Me who causes this pain to myself. I am solely responsible for each moment that I breadth & decide to do so. Being free is not the solution, it is an escape plan I never choose. Some places I think like I left back my dreams, I paid too much for the other part but how would I choose between the two? Some choices are difficult, never right or wrong....

I do a decent job being me. Not much, striving to do & experiment every day & i'm lucky to have that chance. I'm an emotional fool, heart affairs are overly sensitive to me and not all boys interest me, even if they do I court shy. Yet I must be married by a deadline they say. I'm tried of this struggle, yet i'm fighting a battle not just with the society, but with the monitors of it who are my parents too. It's not easy to make your point. We all (Indian Ladies) do a great job I believe. So much, it deserves some thought. You'll see more details.

I request the guys out there to make this easier for us. I say i'm not rocket science, but it does need some patience. Just try to understand us, you may fail but if you try that's good enough. We are complicated, not that much though as much as portrayed, we grew up in separate society laws,privileges, circumstances. Let's make your daughter's life better, let's not give her a reason to be Feminist, let's make it happen.

22 years and nothing has changed, the day you realize the world will go on without you just the way it is, you'll run for your dreams. But some of us live in a dream where the world needs us, where we decide sometime not quite the best. No, i'm not selfless but you know what-i'm me & it's not easy I promise.



Some great songs to brighten your mood:

"I cannot make it to the end, I can only push a stone, maybe it will knock your door?"-priyaani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...