Tuesday 2 May 2017

The Friend In Need

Here's me,
The horribly used,
The horribly unused,
The terribly confused,
But the one who hasn't learnt to leave,
Unless it were for your good....

I've been strongly guarded,
But the friends I make are for a lifetime,
So, sometimes I end up in a mess,
A lifetime of friendship vs your well being,
And a lifetime of regret follows,
For I choose the later everytime;

You'd never understand,
And I'll never forgive myself,
We live in this constant dilemma,
And I am not the better friend,
Neither am I the lover who stays,
I am none and I keep the capacity of none;

Separated we are on terms of solitude and untold words,
When life screws us all over again,
I think of you,
My friend I could talk to for hours on end,
And yet I am restrained from reaching out to you,
For the wound hasn't healed,
And I play no balm's bet,
I yearned to be the friend in need,
But failed at it miserably,
If only you could see,
It wasn't all that bad,
That I meant good always,
And parted didn't have to be our ways;

To the friend in need,
I'll be there for you whenever you need me,
For I swore for a lifetime,
And you'll find me comfortably gone,
So the pleasantries aren't spent over me;

I bid adieu,
I bid not forever,
I wish the very best for you, always :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...