Wednesday 3 May 2017

Closer


For some of us,
The line marks our boundary,
Beyond that no human is allowed,
guarded we are,
Guarded the buds shall be;

In me emotions don't flow free,
In me they don't unravel,
I am the ice cold soul,
Who walks the earth with burden abore,
Steadily merging into the background;

And still once in a while,
Some of them notice me,
Their desire to learn exceeds their fear of me,
They learn the wistful contempts of me,
And peacefully retire to log them in;

The closer you get,
The harder shall it be to release yourself from deeper wounds,
The closer you are to harming me,
The more have I lent you unrequited trust,
The closer I have let you come,
The more have I risked being hurt,
The closer you've come to line of trust,
The better friend I called you thus,
And yet today you ain't there for me,
For you crossed the line but you forgot the purpose of it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...